So you have heard about all the benefits of Himalayan Salt Lamps, and now you have bought one, what do you do now? Here are some tips on how to care for and set up your new Wonderful Scents Himalayan Salt Lamp that will help you enjoy your lamp for years to come.
Wonderful Scents Hand Carved Himalayan Salt Lamps
Care Tips & Setup
Never submerge your Himalayan salt lamp in water to “wash” it, the salt lamp’s natural effect is one of self cleansing. The salt lamp has antibiotic properties and does not need washing. If it gets dusty, just use a dry or slightly damp cloth to clean it.
Use your lamp as much as possible; when not using the salt lamp for long periods of time, do not leave your lamp in a humid room or outside where the salt lamp can be exposed to the elements. Window sills and bathrooms (or anywhere large amounts of moisture is present) are not ideal locations for your Himalayan salt lamp.
Setting up your Wonderful Scents Himalayan Salt Lamp
Remove plastic from your salt lamp and the bubble wrap around the bulb and controller on the cord. For shipping purposes the bulb is placed inside your lamp with bubble wrap surrounding it to ensure it's safe arrival. Gently push in the metal clips and insert the fitting into the base of the salt lamp until the metal clips spring into place. Check to make sure the the lamp is off. Plug power cable in. Turn on power and your salt lamp is ready to go! Enjoy!
How to position your salt lamp
Himalayan salt lamps can be used wherever you desire fresh, clean air to help focus your concentration or simply to help you relax in your surroundings. Here are some ideas of great spaces that will be enhanced by the inclusion of a beautiful Wonderful Scents Himalayan salt lamp: Bedrooms, living rooms, offices, and hospital rooms.
How to look after your salt lamp
- To clean your Wonderful Scents Himalayan Salt Lamp, switch lamp off and wipe it with a dry cloth or a slightly damp sponge.
- Leave your salt lamp on wherever possible as the heat from the light bulb will prevent the lamp absorbing moisture.
- If the salt lamp gets wet leave it in strong sunlight for 4 to 5 hours and then brush off any excess crystals.
- When your salt lamp is not going to be used for long periods (like when you are away on vacation or extended work travel), disconnect your power cable and remove the power cable from the lamp, and store the salt lamp and base in a plastic bag to keep it airtight. This will help prevent the lamp absorbing moisture.
- In humid conditions or areas we recommend placing your lamp onto a small tray or dish in the rare case the lamp pools water.
Our salt lamps are completely natural so each one is unique so care instructions can vary. If you have any questions about your Wonderful Scents Himalayan salt lamp please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Wonderful Scents Tea Light Candle Holder
If you have not purchased a Himalayan Salt Lamp yet, you can at Wonderful Scents. We also have other salt products, a natural salt body scrub, spherical flower Himalyan salt candle holder, natural and hand carved nightlights, and salt candle holders.
Sign up and Save
Sign up and well send you our monthly sales and special offers. Also you'll receive a subscription to Scents; our daily newsletter. It is updated daily and emailed once a week for you enjoyment. Read about all the interesting news around the Wonderful Scents in our lives.